Wheels come in all sorts of sizes, shapes, and finishes. There are thousands of wheels on the market. And when repairing a wheel, particularly a mobile wheel repair, then the most important factor is the finish on the wheel.
The different finishes on wheels are:
- Painted or powder coated. This is by far the most popular finish, with approximately 70% of wheels being either painted or powder coated to a silver, gunmetal grey, black, or even shadow chrome colour.
- Machined or diamond cut. This is where the wheel is painted and then the face is machined or diamond cut. The wheel is clear coated to protect the machined face.
- Polished finish, where the wheel is fully polished and usually has no clear coat.
- Chrome plated.
The painted or powder coated wheels can be repaired on site with colour matching usually done by eye. The shadow chrome colour is the most difficult to match, as the colour varies from wheel to wheel, even for the same wheel.
Machined or diamond cut wheels and polished rims can be repaired on site, however, the final repaired finish is not perfect. The reason for this will be covered in another post.
Chrome wheels unfortunately cannot be repaired at all. This is because car wheels cannot be re-chromed in Australia. There are a number of chrome paint products on the market, however, none of them really provide a good consistent repair quality finish.
I hope that helps you understand a little bit more about wheels. If you have any questions, please send me an email to email@example.com
and I will do my best to answer your question.
“Damaged Alloy Wheels Made to Look Like New…with the
Work Completed at Your Location on Your Schedule.”
Sydney, Brisbane, Dubbo
That’s right…at The Wheel Man we come to you with our state-of-the-art alloy wheel repair equipment. In about two hours, your wheels can look like new. We specialise in repairing cosmetic damage to alloy wheels. Depending on the type of wheel, we paint, polish, or machine-finish the surface to its original condition…so your alloy wheels look like new.
In the past, if you wanted to repair alloy wheels, you had to drive to a repair specialist, remove the wheels, send the wheels away for up to two weeks – and not be able to use your car while the work was being completed.
Thankfully, that’s all changed. Here’s how it works.
- We come to your location.
- We assess the damage.
- We repair the damage and make the wheels look like new.
- The wheels and tires stay on your vehicle at all times.
- You’re delighted with the result – to the point where you can’t wait to show your ‘new’ wheels to fellow car enthusiasts.
- We guarantee the result.
Our alloy wheel repair service provides:
- Clear coat
- And more…
Look at the photos here to see actual ‘before and after’ results. You’ll agree…the wheels look like new after expert refinishing from The Wheel Man.
If you’ve been looking for a fast, reliable, and affordable alternative to the pain and cost of ‘traditional’ methods of alloy wheel repair, then call us right now at 1300 933 299 or contact us here.
NINE Reasons to Contact The Wheel Man Now…
- Speed…work completed in about two hours. A process that used to take up to two weeks now takes around 2 hours.
- Convenience. We come to your location. You don’t have to drive to a specialist wheel store. The specialist comes to you. There’s no need to sit for hours in a dingy waiting area sipping bad coffee. We don’t even take the wheels off your car.
- Save. Our service is typically less expensive than ‘traditional’ solutions to wheel damage.
- We have the knowledge. Our technical manager, John Garlick, is a mechanical engineer with extensive experience in the automotive industry. John has revolutionised alloy wheel repair services in Australia by launching The Wheel Man system.
- Anywhere in the Sydney area…we’ll come to you to fix your alloy wheels. No need to bash half way across the city.
- Every model…from an Astra to a Hummer and from an Aston Martin to a Porsche or Bentley. We can repair any alloy wheels in any condition.
- Business or private clients…plus accident repair centres.
- Get the satisfaction of ‘just like new’ wheels…if the scrapes, curb rash, scratches, and stone chips are annoying you, then it’s time to make your alloy wheels look like new.
- Guarantee…if you’re not totally satisfied with the work, we will return to your location to work on the wheels again – until you’re totally satisfied.